Thursday, April 12, 2012

Thoughts on GDX Trade...

I've always wanted online authors to reveal their thought patterns when a trade seemingly goes against them. Alas, there head is usually in the sand. I'm bucking the trend with this post.

Well GDX has fallen below support and seems to be consolidating at ~46. I sold the April 47 puts @.53 in one account. There is still some time decay to be had and I'm going to gobble it all up before deciding what to do next. Next Friday at expiry I'm looking to roll out and down to the May 45's but only if I can get a worthwhile credit. Otherwise I will roll out and down to the May 46's or July 44's.

Either way I expect a floor to be in place soon. The Fed saying they aren't going to engage in quantative easing for a while is hogwash IMO. Our debt is rising as I type. In any event there are many more strikes that I can roll out and down for a credit. My undefeated streak ain't ending on the gold miners!  :)

Any thoughts?

1 comment: