Monday, July 16, 2012

New Trade: Lowe's (LOW) Naked Puts

Today with the weakness in Dividend Champion/Aristocrat LOW and weakness in the retail spending numbers I entered into the following transaction:

7/16/12  STO 4 LOW Aug 18 '12 24 Puts @.34   $122.97

At the time of this trade LOW was down ~3% to $25.90. If put to me the cost basis will be ~23.70. The yield on cost will be 2.7% which is high for LOW.

This is a 33 day trade with initial margin maintenance of $1500. If they expire worthless I will earn 8.2% return on maintenance or 90.7% annual. In the event the stock continues to drop I will look to roll down and/or out for a net credit. As such, I have an exit strategy in place.

I think that if I can trade my way to a yield on cost of 3% that I will be golden. I could have done that right away by selling the October 21's but I didn't want to commit to that much time.

1 comment:

  1. What about buying a long term leap on lowe's On play on a recovery in housing..

    ReplyDelete