Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Lastest Additions to Retirement Portfolio

On Monday I added IIM, Invesco Insured Municipal Income Trust. I had no bonds in my retirement portfolio so I wanted to diversify and lower overall portfolio risk. My position in IIM is fairly large. This is in my taxable account, of course, and IIM yields 5.5% tax-free with monthly distributions. In large down days this has either risen a bit or stayed the same.

Today I added FCX, Freeport-McMoran Copper & Gold. I bought it pennies above it's 52 week low. I view this as a contrarian play during the precious metals capitulation. At my entry point the yield is well over 4%. I plan to reinvest the dividends and hold indefinitely.

As you can see, I am preparing my portfolio for a correction and/or a crash and taking advantage of fear and capitulation. In our Roth IRA's I'm looking at SDIV for international exposure and diversification and GG, a monthly paying gold stock, if GG's yield can get closer to 3%.

No comments:

Post a Comment