Friday, December 30, 2011

Precious Metals and other thoughts

Well it looks like precious metals bottom was yesterday morning. The GDX, GLD and SLV are all on the rise this morning. I assume that fear of a metals crash shook the herd out yesterday. In the face of this crash we were entering positions. With the MF Global situation and the weakness in the Euro it took more resolve than usual to go against the herd.

I understand and appreciate the simplicity and lack of stress that the dividend growth investor exists in! That being said, I believe I've learned methods that enhance the returns of the dividend growth strategy and which offer greater downside protection. It should be noted that in some accounts I hold that we are simple dividend growth investors with the usual suspects of Proctor and Gamble, Johnson & Johnson, AT& T, McDonald's, Wal-Mart, Pepsico, etc.


1 comment: