Thursday, December 8, 2011

Swing Low Sweet Sentiment

We've got cash at the ready.  We just need the herd to swing the pendulum back toward fear. Downright Damien Omen, Exorcist panic and horror would be this gal's preference. Trade the Psychology, Ride the Lightning...ha.

World economies are in the position of relying on government to set things right. May I have some examples of when that has ultimately worked in the past? Politicians are short sighted. Short sightedness put the world economies in the situation we're in. A doctor with broken arms flapping in the wind can't perform surgery on the gasping patient.

When the market heads back south I will be at the ready to sell naked and covered puts below the support levels of Dividend Champions. I will be rolling my existing covered call positions to keep the premiums and dividends pouring in. I love my Double D's! (that's double dividends fellas..). I also love to trade precious metals ETF's with options. I believe we are in the midst of a long term secular bull in precious metals. If you'll search under GDX, GLD and SLV on this blog you'll find several examples of "have your cake and eat it" trades.

On covered calls we will look closely at in the money and at the money strikes first. I'm a believer that we now live in a world where we are witnessing the end of growth. I'll give up capital appreciation for boring double digit income returns.

As for now, I'm licking my lips...and waiting...

1 comment: