Monday, February 6, 2012

Dividend Growth Portfolio Additions

Last week in my Dividend Growth Portfolio I made the following purchases: Century Link (CTL), Coca-Cola (KO) and Realty Income Corp. (O). Unlike many dividend growth investors I choose to reinvest the shares back into the stock that paid the dividend.

Century Link hasn't raised their dividend for over a year so they drop from the Dividend Achievers and Dividend Champions list. I'm not concerned, however, as they recently made some strategic acquisitions including the acquisition of Qwest. The dividend payout ratio is only 50% and the yield is ~7.75%. My money is on a return to dividend growth sometime in 2012 or 2013.

Coca-Cola needs no introduction. I might have bought in on the high end of price but it is due to raise it's dividend next quarter. I will look to add more on dips.

Realty Income is "The Monthly Dividend Company." I've been trading this stock for some time and love it as an enhanced income or double dividend candidate. I also love the monthly dividend and look forward to the compounding effect of that. I will likewise look to buy more on dips.

My Dividend Growth Portfolio is separate and distinct from my income trading accounts. These are my buy and hold retirement accounts. Like many dividend investors I am looking to increase my monthly passive income so that said passive income may fund my retirement years.

1 comment: