Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I'm smelling opportunity in PG *sniff*

Proctor & Gamble is slowly sinking following an unexciting quarterly report. Today it is at 63 and change. There are the usual pundits out there calling for big trouble. My take? Like we just saw with Pepsico, one quarterly report does not a blue chip make. Like Pepsico I think that once PG consolidates and finds a bottom a great put selling opportunity will be in place. With the recent dividend rise PG's yield above 3.5% should buoy the stock. I'm waiting for the consolidation and then I'm looking at the 60's or if worthwhile the 57.5's. Strong support is at the 57.5 level. For you thrill seekers the 62.5's might be interesting. You can always roll down and out for a credit if you don't go out too far on the strike date.

On a side note the recent bribery allegations make Wal-Mart another interesting blue chip dividend stock to watch.

1 comment: