Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Patience me boy...patience

It looks like we're heading to a higher open so I doubt I will enter into any new positions today. The stocks I am looking at right now are Sysco, Intel, Microsoft, Southern Company, Proctor & Gamble, Lowe's and Johnson & Johnson. Rising dividends for all.  I also have one eye on Exxon Mobil.

I am waiting for some fear and/or panic selling to kick in. I would be looking at the June strike but I will be on vacation during that expiration and frankly I don't want the concern. As such, I'm looking at the July and August strikes.

With the recent pullback, out of the money puts with adequate premiums have become more in line with support levels. One or more large days in the red ought to provide more than enough "Oh my God" type opportunities. Swing at the fat pitch. Patience me boy....patience.

Re my GDX trades: If I can roll down and out my GDX June 45's to July 43's and get a net credit of greater than $100 I will probably take it. If I do, I feel I'm in the driver's seat for these to end up as profitable trades. BTW past experience made it clear not to bail on GDX when it was tanking as I felt they were flushing out the weak hands. In addition there were so many strikes to roll out to there were multiple continuation strategies. Finally, the fundamentals are/have been in place for rising precious metals.

1 comment: