Thursday, August 23, 2012

Random Thoughts

1) I might have been a bit early to pull the trigger on the Intel trade but I wanted to put some money to work and take advantage of time decay in case this is a real short term bull market. If it drops more I might sell some additional puts at either a nearer month or a lower strike. Does anyone really think that Intel will sport a 4% dividend. 23 or so gets us there. I say that's a buoy.

2) Facebook near month 16's might be a nice put selling trade. But I probably won't touch it because it's not a stock I want to own long term.

3) Where is our next bit of market fear going to come from? Right now it looks like it will come from a normal correction. My guns are locked and loaded.

4) Amazon has a ridiculously high P/E ratio and not very impressive earnings growth. It's not my style but some long term out of the money put buys may pay off nicely.

5) For the first time in years I have put a financial stock on my watch list. I added Bank of America last night. Central banks support the majors. They're kissing cousins who control the printing presses and are good at "financial engineering." The put selling returns are very high.

6) Have a great day. I'm off to get a little exercise.

Chester

No comments:

Post a Comment